Certificate in Foundation Journalism
What have I got to do to pass?
To pass this module you will need to understand the importance of recording information in journalism.
- You will need to illustrate you understand the strengths and weaknesses of the various methods of recording information.
- You will need to show you can record an interview using a phone, voice recorder or shorthand.
1.You must write an article which contains at least one quote or quotes from an interview or interviews which have been accurately recorded. The articles may be a news story or a feature.
You will need to be able to produce accurate, contemporaneous notes or a transcript of your interview.
This piece of work may be used as evidence in other modules.
- Illustrate with a post online the strengths and weaknesses of various methods of recording information. This can be written as a short article, an infographic, a video or some other form of reporting.
Deadline – 3 Nov
- All pieces of work submitted must be clearly written with correct punctuation, grammar and spelling.
- All pieces of work must be submitted before or on the day of the deadline by midday.
- All work must be clearly marked with the learner’s name.